Hey, I’m Janay — a published photographer and writer based in California.
I recently moved here from Atlanta to begin a new adventure with my husband in beautiful Monterey, California. Though I’m a Georgia girl at heart, I’m so excited for the opportunity to experience life on the west coast and connect with new people and their stories.
I like to fashion myself as a lifestyle photographer. Portraits and urban art are some of my favorite things to shoot. And I’m a BIG fan of natural light, candid moments and minimalist photography.
Choosing a photographer for your special occasion isn’t something you should take lightly. You’re letting someone capture the most personal and treasured aspects of your life so it’s important to find someone who makes you comfortable. That’s what I strive to do in every photo session. We’re here to make something beautiful together. But it starts with creating an environment that brings energy, authenticity and a lot of laughter.
If you’re ready to get your story started, please contact me and I’ll get back to you right away.
In the meantime, here’s more about me..
- I’m a film junkie. It’s always hard to name a favorite movie. But Sophia Coppola, Ridley Scott, Christopher Nolan and Spike Jonze are some of my favorite directors.
- Shows I’m obsessed with right now: Game of Thrones, Big Little Lies, Master of None and The Walking Dead
- My favorite city is Savannah, Georgia.
- Countries on my travel bucket list are Greece, Brazil, Cuba, Spain, New Zealand and Canada.
- I’m reading a lot of feminist authored-books these days: the latest is ‘Homegoing’ by Yaa Gyasi. And some of my past favorites are ‘Americanah’ and ‘Bad Feminist’. Click here to view the rest of my reading list.
- I love food and I am willing to try anything once. (Seriously. Give me a challenge)
- One song I have on repeat is “Let My Baby Stay” by Amandla Stenberg
- The easiest way to start a conversation with me is to mention anything about Harry Potter
- My favorite color is green — particularly mint green and olive green (Really anything but lime green)
- What I’m most looking forward to right now is the next presidential election and my trip to Europe next summer.