Hey, I’m Janay — a published photographer and writer based in California.
I recently moved here from Atlanta to begin a new adventure with my husband in beautiful Monterey, California. Though I’m a Georgia girl at heart, I’m so excited for the opportunity to experience life on the west coast and connect with new people and their stories.
I like to fashion myself as a lifestyle photographer and portraits and urban art are some of my favorite things to shoot. Because I prefer to travel light, I take full advantage of shooting with natural lighting and capturing candid moments. But my greatest fulfillment comes from collaborating with local creatives everywhere I go.
So whether you have a project need or you just want to grab coffee and explore, feel free to contact me. I’d love the opportunity to connect and create something amazing together.
In the meantime, here’s more about me…
- I’m a film junkie. I have TOO many favorite movies. But Sophia Coppola, Christopher Nolan and Spike Jonze are some of my favorite directors.
- Shows I’m obsessed with right now: Game of Thrones, Big Little Lies, Master of None, Insecure
- My favorite city is Savannah, Georgia.
- Countries on my travel bucket list are Greece, Brazil, Cuba, Spain, New Zealand and Canada.
- I’m reading a lot of feminist authored-books these days: the latest is ‘Homegoing’ by Yaa Gyasi. And some of my past favorites are ‘Americanah’ and ‘Bad Feminist’. Click here to view the rest of my reading list.
- I love food and I am willing to try anything once. (Seriously. Give me a challenge)
- One song I have on repeat is “Let My Baby Stay” by Amandla Stenberg
- The easiest way to start a conversation with me is to mention anything about Harry Potter
- My favorite color is green — particularly mint green and olive green (Really anything but lime green)
- What I’m most looking forward to right now is the next presidential election and my trip to Europe next summer.